Best Roulette Lessons for US Players
Recently updated on January 20th, 2020
Roulette lessons make playing roulette online exciting. Playing roulette can be very fun and profitable for US players, but many are unsure of how to properly play the game, which is why we have compiled the ultimate list of roulette lessons for our players. Although it may seem somewhat complicated, it is actually really easy to learn how to play.
If you would like some of the best roulette lessons available on the internet, make sure to stick around. Below we have a look at all the things you have to know to play this famous table game. This includes table and wheel layout, game rules, available bets, and some of the best tips and strategies. So, read on and find out all you need to know about playing this amazing table game!
Top Roulette Casinos USA
5 Important Roulette Lessons
Below we have surmised all the basics of roulette into five brief and easy to understand lessons. After reading through each lesson, US players should be ready to play this table game online without any hassle (we’d really recommend playing for free before real money just to put the theory into practice at no risk.)
Lesson 1: Roulette Wheel and Layout
A roulette wheel’s layout is entirely dependent on the type of game you are playing. Remember that there are three different types of roulette and that each alters the game ever so slightly. However, these slight changes have a big effect on the house edge you compete against in each game.
The main difference with regards to the wheel is the number placement and the fact that the American roulette wheel has an extra double 00 pocket (European roulette wheels have 37 pockets and American 38 pockets).
In terms of numbering, roulette wheel numbers can be summed up as follows:
- American – 0-28-9-26-30-11-7-20-32-17-5-22-34-15-3-24-36-13-1-00-27-10-25-29-12-8-19-31-18-6-21-33-16-4-23-35-14-2
- European – 0-32-15-19-4-21-2-25-17-34-6-27-13-36-11-30-8-23-10-5-24-16-33-1-20-14-31-9-22-18-29-7-28-12-35-3-26
Lesson 2: Roulette Rules
Playing the game in Las Vegas is fairly simple. Most people can pick up the rules by simply watching others play it. Of course, they will have no idea of what sort of probabilities they face with each possible bet, but at the very least they will know how the game works.
Lesson 3: Roulette Bets
There are two types of bets available in Roulette: inside and outside. We breakdown each of the available bets in these two categories down below:
- Single/Straight – a bet on a single number.
- Split – a bet made on two numbers that are adjacent to each other.
- Street – a bet on three consecutive numbers.
- Corner – a bet on four numbers in a corner.
- High/Low – a bet made on numbers between 1/18 or 19/36.
- Red/Black – betting on a color on the wheel.
- Dozen – betting on a number in specific downs. For example, 1-12. 13-24 or 25-36.
- Even/Odd – betting on even or odd numbers.
- Column – betting on a column of 12 numbers.
Lesson 4: Roulette Strategies
Every player is looking for a few tips and tricks and strategies that are sure to tip the scales in their favor. While there aren’t any strategies that are sure to guarantee you win, there are a few every player should keep in mind to maximize their odds of winning big cash prizes. Some such strategies include the following:
- Make sure that you always try to play European roulette instead of American. As explained above, American roulette features a higher house edge making it harder to win, and nobody wants to make a game harder to win just for the sake of doing so.
Lesson 5: Roulette Payout Table
Here is a brief breakdown of the payouts players can expect to receive when placing some of the most popular bets mentioned above:
- Red/Black or Even/Odd – 1/1
- Any 6-Number Bet – 5/1
- 4-Number Bet – 8/1
- Any 3-Number Bet – 11/1
- Any 2-Number Bet – 17/1
- Straight Bets – 35/1