How Live Dealer Hi-Lo Works
Live Dealer Hi-Lo is a game produced by casino software developer Playtech, which uses a very simple concept. The dealer draws a card and then you bet whether the next card that will be drawn will be higher or lower than the last card.
The value of this game is in its simplicity. Firstly, you will learn how to play quickly. Secondly, betting odds are also easy to understand. There are some side bets too, but mostly we’d recommend you avoid them. Find out why below!
Play Live Dealer Hi-Lo Online
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play High Country Casino|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino|
|Play Irish Luck Casino|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|Play Las Vegas Casino|
|Play Sun Palace|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Play Ruby Slots|
|Play Supernova Casino|
How to Play Live Dealer Hi-Lo
As mentioned above, there really are no tricks to learning how to play Hi-Lo. Here is a basic walkthrough :
- When you join a game, the dealer will draw four cards from the deck. Three will be face down and will be face up (which is known as the base.)
- You will then need to place a bet. You will bet on how the next card will compare to the base card. Odds on bets are adjusted according to the value of the base card. The three main bets are:
- Higher – a bet on the next card to be higher than the base.
- Lower – a bet on the next card to be lower than the base.
- Snap – a bet on a tie.
- Once all bets have been placed, the bet will then draw four cards from the deck. The fourth will be face up and will be compared to the base card.
- All winning bets are paid out and the round begins again.
Optional Side Bets
There are many optional side bets available in Hi-Lo aside from the three main wagers. These include the following:
- Red/Black – bet on whether the next card will be red or black.
- Suit – bet on whether the next card will be Spade, Club, Heart, or Diamond.
- Straight – bet on the value of the card. For example, betting on the next card to be a King.
Overall, most side bets aren’t usually worth it. But if you’re looking to up the ante, maybe look into the Red/Black bet, which you have almost a 50/50 chance of getting right.
Live Dealer Hi-Lo Tips and Tricks
Hi-Lo doesn’t have a “real” strategy. After all, it is a game that is entirely based on guesswork. You may be tempted to try card counting or some other similar strategy, but it won’t work.
The dealer draws three additional faces down cards to make it harder to track what cards remain in the deck. So, you will never really know what remains. Especially as the game uses eight decks to throw counters off.
Playtech does have a screen tracking the past seven results. They’re that confident that you won’t be able to card count in this game. If anything, it may even add to the idea of gambler’s fallacy by getting you to think that certain cards are due to come next. But, don’t fall into the trap.
Should I Play Live Dealer Hi-Lo?
We think that there is no harm in giving it a try. The house edge Is around 3.55%, which isn’t so bad and much more favorable than other lottery-like games.
If you decide to play this game, we just want to remind you that you should always remember that it is a game with no strategy. So, don’t think you’re going to come and trick the dealer with this one. It’s similar to playing the lottery or bingo – you cannot affect the outcome of a game.