Best Ways to Win Slots
Learning how to win slots isn’t as easy as you’d think when you read guides. Online slot games are random and notoriously hard to win consistently because it’s not a skill-based game.
In this guide, we’ve listed the common ways to improve your odds of winning and what actually works. And we’ve listed the premium online casinos to help you get started.
Best Slots Casinos
How Do Slots Work?
When learning how to win slots, you need to know how they work, especially the pay tables and odds of winning. Every slot machine has reels and paylines, which influence the possible wins you get. And they have rules about how much you can bet in coins.
If you play slot games regularly, you know that activating as many paylines as possible increases your chances. Plus, when playing slots online, you can bet more because the games aren’t as limited.
How to Win Slots Fast
These are the common tips from players-turned-experts that might help you to win slots.
- Choose Games Carefully – before you start playing, look up reviews covering any special features, return rate, and what the game pays.
- Practice on Free Slots – if you like a slot, try playing it for free to hone your skills and find out how much you can win.
- Study Paytables – when you open up a slot game, check the paytables and how to win huge jackpots with the high-paying symbols.
- Stay Within Budget – always have a budget for playing games and stick to it, especially if you can’t afford to lose a lot.
- Choose Smaller Jackpots – penny slots might not pay out as much as others, but the jackpots are still worth it.
- Look for Bonus Games – bonus features are where you stand a chance to win slot jackpots because they have free spins or other things.
Chances of Winning: RTP & Volatility
While table games have a house edge, slots have what’s called a return-to-player (RTP) rate, which is your indicator of wins. These percentages are calculated over hundreds of spins and show the average of getting money back.
When you want to win slots fast, you need a game with an RTP over 96%, which is usually advertised.
RTP is also influenced by the game’s volatility, which is rated on a scale of one to ten. If you want consistent wins on slots, you need a slot machine of seven to nine volatility.
How to Win Progressive Slots
One exception to the usual rules is progressive jackpot slots, which have high return rates and volatility. As the name suggests, you can win a big jackpot while playing these games, which is why most people choose them.
So, how do you win these cash prizes fast and get the best payouts?
- Everyone will tell you to bet the maximum amount possible to get the largest amount of money.
- But if you can’t afford it, try to take the middle ground because even half of the jackpot will be worth a lot.
- Another tip is to activate every payline in the game to win slots like this, which will increase your bet and spend.
Win Slots at Land-Based Casinos
As the main draw of brick-and-mortar casinos in Las Vegas and elsewhere, slot machines occupy most of the floor space. While they range in bet sizes and wins, they average a much lower return rate.
Of course, they still feature progressive jackpots at times, but there are fewer options. So, if you want to win slots, you need to choose games carefully.
Best Slots to Win
No slot is the same, and some are considered better than others, like these real money games from leading casino software providers:
|Ranking||Slot Game||RTP||Jackpot Value|
|1||Gladiator||91.50%||$2 000 000|
|2||Cleopatra||95.02%||$2 000 000|
|3||Mega Moolah||88.12%||$1 000 000 minimum|
|4||Gold Fish||96.00%||$1 050 000|
|5||Lucky Leprechaun||96.83%||$500 000|
|6||Carnival Cash||95.96%||$500 000|
|8||Book of Dead||96.21%||$250 000|
|9||Wheel of Fortune||94.22%||$250 000|
|10||Rainbow Riches||95.00%||$250 000|
Win Slots on A Budget
One dampener we encounter is the budget when trying to win slots because a small bankroll won’t last long. Chasing a big win is easier with more funds, so look for slots bonuses to get a boost.
With your bonus and funds in your account, you should consider the paylines and bet sizes. Let’s look at a few examples to get a better picture:
You’re playing a video slot with five reels and 25 paylines, and the max coin size is $1. If you take this amount and multiply it by all 25 active pay lines, you’re paying $25 per spin. On the other hand, you could bet $0.25 per active line, which works out to $6.25 per spin.
But what if you reduce the active paylines to just ten? With a $1 bet, you’re then paying $10 per spin and $2.50 on a $0.25 coin size.
How to Actually Win Slots
While knowing all of this is all good and well, your best bet to win is to just play and try your luck. These are the ultimate games of chance because they feature sophisticated Random Number Generators (RNGs).
RNGs are computer algorithms that randomly spit out results on the reels. So, you can’t predict them or influence them, to give you that win.