How to Play Blackjack Online for Real Money
Learning how to play Blackjack in USA is no longer a tedious and scary process. We have compiled an easy-to-understand guide on how to play Blackjack, one of the world’s favorite casino games. The aim of Blackjack is simple: Get to, or as close as possible, to 21, based on the value of the cards you have in hand. Gamblers in USA can learn all they need to know about how to play Blackjack here. Check out blackjack rules, blackjack strategy in order to be able to play blackjack online for real money. We also made sure that you play at top blackjack online sites.
Top Blackjack Casinos
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Play Vegas Casino|
|Play Lucky Red|
|Play Lincoln Casino|
|Play Cherry Gold|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
|Play Supernova Casino|
|Play Sun Palace|
|Play Las Vegas|
|Play Eclipse Casino|
|Play Golden Lion|
|Play Free Spin|
|Play Two Up|
|Play Dom Game|
|Play Slots Plus|
|Play Royal Ace|
|Play Silver Oak Casino|
|Play Planet 7 Casino|
|Play Cool Cat Review|
|Play Raging Bull|
|Play Liberty Slots Casino|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|Play Bovada Casino|
|Play Ignition Casino|
|Play Slots Lv|
|Play Old Havana|
|Play Club World|
|Play Aladdin’s Gold|
|Play Manhattan Slots|
|Play High Noon Casino|
|Play All Star Slots|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Play Diamond Reels Casino|
|Play Platinum Reels Casino|
Step by Step Guide to Play Blackjack Online
Step 1 -Learn the value of each card. A full list with the value of each card is listed later on in this page. This is vital to know when to stand and when to take a hit. Also, learn the rules of the game. All of which is covered later on this page.
Step 2- The game starts off with the dealer dealing two cards at a time to each of the players at the table, starting from the dealers’ left, and moving clockwise around the table. The aim of the game is to get as close to 21 as possible, beating the dealer, who has the same goal, along the way.
Step 3– Players check their hands to see what they have been dealt and make their next decisions based on that. If a player has Blackjack (21), based on their first two cards, the round ends and they are declared the winner. This is called a “soft Blackjack”, and is made up of an Ace, and a card with a face value of 10.
Step 4– Players then make their next move. They have a choice between several options:
- Surrender– A player always has the choice to back out, though they may forfeit a portion of their bet. With Surrender, a player can put down their cards and not participate in the rest of the round, at the cost of surrendering half their bet. Surrendering isn’t always the best choice, and should only be considered if a dealer has between 5-7, 12-16, or has a 9 and an Ace, which valued at 20 and can only be beaten by an Ace and a card valued at 10.
- Split– Splitting is an attractive option to players who have been dealt two cards of the same value. Though it should be noted that splitting is not recommended on every hand, and players should be cautious of always splitting. A handy guide on when to split and when to stay can be found on our Online Blackjack page. If both a player’s hands win after a split, they get double the money. If only one wins, they break even.
- Take Insurance– When things are looking bleak, players can choose to take insurance. Taking insurance means that if a dealer has an Ace in their hand, a player can bet that the dealer does, in fact, have Blackjack. This bet pays out a 2-1 odds. The other bet and money placed on it fall away, but if a player is correct and a dealer does have Blackjack, they break even and get their bet back.
- Double Down– This is a risky move, but that has a major possible payoff. With a double down, a player can double their bet and get another card in an attempt to beat the dealer. This is usually only advisable if the player’s first two cards are between 8-11 or soft 12 (which, if a player gets a high card or an Ace, puts them in a good position to win) or on a soft 19 (when a low card or Ace can set a player up for a big win).
Step 5– The final reveal. This is when the final tally of each hand is calculated, and the winner of the round is determined.
How to Play Blackjack FAQs
Will it improve my game if I learn to play Blackjack?
How to play Blackjack guides won’t magically improve players’ game, but they do give players all the necessary information to put them in the position to improve their game. Every player, both rookie, and the veteran should read out how to play Blackjack guide to ensure they understand all the rules of the game, before even playing for free.
Should I play Blackjack for free first?
Yes. It is always best to play any casino game, and especially Blackjack, for free before making any wager. This way players can check to make sure they understand all the rules of the game before they wager for any real money. Players who don’t stand a significant risk of losing a lot of money.
Will I be able to apply what I learn now to any game of Blackjack I play?
Definitely! There are differences in each version of Blackjack, but once a player knows the rules of the traditional version, it is much easier to understand the rules and differences of all the variations.
If I play live Blackjack, can I play online Blackjack without reading the ‘how to play’ page?
Live Blackjack at a land-based casino and online Blackjack are similar in nearly every aspect, so experienced players can jump in and play without any hassle. Though, at Casinos Online Canada we still recommend that any player, both old and new, read the ‘how to play’ page of any casino game first, to brush up on their skills and ensure that they know everything there is about their chosen game.
Is it worth my time to play Blackjack? Aren’t there games with bigger jackpots to play?
While it is true that some casino table games, like poker, and casino games like slots, have much bigger jackpots, Blackjack has an extremely low house edge. This means that players have a much better chance of influencing the outcome of a game and winning big real money jackpots.
Is Blackjack the same, wherever it is played?
While there are some regional variations of the game, and some versions that are played worldwide, the basic premise of any game of Blackjack stays the same. So, players that know one version of Blackjack will easily be able to adapt to the rules of another.
Is this ‘how to play Blackjack’ page applicable to both land-based/live Blackjack and Online Blackjack?
The rules and gameplay of both online Blackjack and land-based Blackjack are nearly identical. This step by step guide is handy for both live and casino players to help them brush up on their Blackjack skills and for new players, who are just learning to play.
More Blackjack Guides:
How to Pay Guides:
- Learn How to Play Bingo
- How to play slots
- Learn How to play Roulette
- How to pay Poker
- Learn How to play Keno