What Are the Basic Rules of Roulette
Recently updated on April 18th, 2023
Roulette is a popular casino game that has been enjoyed by gamblers around the world for centuries. It is a game of chance that involves a spinning wheel with numbered slots, and a small ball that is dropped onto the wheel as it spins.
Objective of the Game: Roulette
The object of Roulette is to correctly predict the numbered slot on a spinning wheel where a small ball will come to rest. The wheel is divided into numbered slots, with each slot-colored red or black and green for 0/00. The numbers on the wheel range from 0 to 36, with the European version of Roulette having only one 0 slot, while the American version has an additional 00 slot. Players place their bets on the table layout, which is a grid of numbers and other betting options.
Roulette Betting Options
Players have a variety of betting options available to them, with different payouts for each type of bet. Inside bets are placed on specific numbers or groups of numbers, while outside bets cover larger sections of the wheel. Here are some common betting options:
- Straight up: A bet on a single number, with a payout of 35 to 1.
- Split: A bet on two adjacent numbers, with a payout of 17 to 1.
- Street: A bet on three numbers in a row, with a payout of 11 to 1.
- Corner: A bet on four numbers that meet at a corner, with a payout of 8 to 1.
- Six Line: A bet on two adjacent rows of numbers, with a payout of 5 to 1.
- Red or Black: A bet on the color of the winning number, with a payout of 1 to 1.
- Even or Odd: A bet on whether the winning number will be even or odd, with a payout of 1 to 1.
- High or Low: A bet on whether the winning number will be in the upper or lower half of the numbers on the wheel, with a payout of 1 to 1.
How to Play Online Roulette:
To play Roulette, players must first buy chips from the dealer. Each player’s chips have a unique color to differentiate them from other players’ chips. Once the bets have been placed, the dealer spins the wheel in one direction and the ball in the opposite direction. When the ball comes to rest in one of the numbered slots, the dealer announces the winning number and pays out the appropriate bets. Players can then either collect their winnings or leave them on the table for the next round.
These are the basic rules of Roulette, along with some common betting options and how to play the game. Remember that Roulette is a game of chance, and there is no guaranteed way to win. Good luck and have fun!