Best Real Money Online Roulette USA
Roulette Online is a gambling game in which a small ball is dropped onto a spinning, numbered wheel, with players betting on where the ball will land. At Best USA Online Casinos, we love Roulette and therefore we help internet gamblers across USA find the best online Roulette for real money. We only feature carefully reviewed and ranked online casinos USA that give players the best Roulette games. This means that web casino players can find the best internet casinos with the greatest and most thrilling games of Roulette with massive jackpots and play for and win real money USD.
Online roulette is a staple casino games at all online casinos in USA. The wheel is made up of thirty-seven different pockets (European and French wheels) or thirty-eight different pockets (American roulette wheels) and the players need to wager on which pocket they predict the ball will land. Roulette – directly translated to little wheel from French – holds a plethora of betting options yet is still easy enough to understand. Players will be spoilt for choice whilst placing riveting bets on various outcomes. Read on to see why online roulette has become a staple in the US online gambling community and what this great game holds for you.
What’s on This Guide:
- Top Real Money Roulette Online Gambling Sites
- Types of Real Money Online Roulette USA
- Online French Roulette USA
- European Roulette
- American Roulette
- Mobile Roulette Games Gaming for Real Money
- Roulette Tips
- Roulette Bets and Rules
- Online Roulette Inside Bets
- Online Roulette Outside Bets
- USA Roulette History
- More Casino Games Guides
- US Online Roulette FAQ
There are a number of different versions of roulette circulating the internet at the time of writing. However, these games will always be able to be grouped into three distinct categories: French, European and American roulette. Although being incredibly similar, there are a few things separating each game from the next. Read on below to see what each variation of this popular online casino game holds for you.
French roulette is the oldest type of roulette available. This is the original game which is played using only one zero on the roulette wheel. Although similar to European roulette in most ways, there are two separating factors giving French roulette players the upper hand.
Le Partage: if the player makes an even money wager and the ball lands on a zero, half of their initial bet will be returned
En Prison: if the player makes an even paying wager, they can opt for en prison to take place. This means that their initial wager will be held by the dealer – losing nothing even though their bet did not win. Should the next roll result in their previous bet winning, the imprisoned amount will be released to the player, no money is made and no money was lost.
European roulette is the favoured game by many – even though French roulette yields better winnings. European roulette is favoured in online casinos and land-based establishments alike for one reason: lower house edges. The fact that European roulette holds only thirty-seven pockets bears greater winning potentials for all.
American roulette was brought to life when the popular casino game was taken from Europe to America by European settlers. After being in play for a few years, US gamblers decided to shake up the game by adding a double zero to the roulette wheel. This decreased players’ chances of winning and heightened the house edge.
If you are a roulette enthusiast and want to be able to play at any time and place, then you have a lot of options. All the best casinos online on the US market offer mobile types of some of their roulette online games and most of them give players the chance to play live roulette on their mobile. The only disadvantages of playing web roulette on the go is the lower gambling limits and the fact that a few of them also offer advanced bookmaking options like autoplay and called bets.
Roulette bettors can expect a unified betting experience on their tablets and smartphones, whether using a casino’s roulette app or even mobile games in browser.
- Betting System - play roulette game with a betting system. The Martingale Betting System, for instance, is a good way to all and guarantees a profit. The impression is to begin with a lowest table limit stake size, placing your bet on an even-odds payout such as Black or Red, High or Low, Even or Odd
- European Roulette- Avoid American Roulette if the European version is accessible. European Roulette slightly has better odds because it lacks the 00.
- Worst Bet (0-00-1-2-3)- If you play American Roulette, don’t place a wager on the 5-number combination of 0-00-1-2-3. It has the worst odds, with a 7.89% house edge.
- Make Your Money Last- to make your money last, enjoying the experience of gambling Roulette for as long as possible, stick to bets that pay even money. They include the Odd/Even and Low (1-18)/High (19-36), Black/Red betting options.
- Combination Bets (Red + top Row)- look at the 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd 12 blocks, they have 6 red and 6 black, 6 even and 6 odds. however, if you check the rows of 12, you'll see a slightly different angle.
- Enjoy the Experience- Roulette is one of the most exciting games in the entire casino, however, it is not player-friendly in terms of the house edge and odds.
Online roulette bets can be split into two major sections; outside bets and inside bets. Inside bets are bets which are made either on direct numbers (one – thirty-six) or on small groups of numbers. Outside bets are bets made on larger groups of numbers, for example, red or black consisting of eighteen numbers each. We shall discuss the most commonly made roulette wagers available below.
Inside bets are smaller, unique bets holding huge potential wins for all players. Although yielding great rewards, these bets are tough to crack, often holding high odds against the player. None the less, it is still worthwhile to give the inside bet a spin. Take a look at various inside bets you can make in online roulette below.
Straight - Also known as a single, a straight bet is a bet made on a single number on the roulette wheel. This is the highest paying bet one can make on online roulette with a payout of thirty-five to one. This means you will get a whopping thirty-five times your original wager should you win. However, this is also the trickiest bet to win with a thirty-six to one chance of it actually happening.
Split- A split bet is performed when a player places a wager on two adjacent numbers – either vertically or horizontally on the table layout. This type of bet holds the second highest payout of the game, yielding a handsome seventeen to one payout for the lucky winner. However, there is a 17.5:1 chance of actually winning this bet.
Street- A street bet is a wager made on three consecutive horizontal numbers in a row, for example; seven, eight and nine. This bet pays out handsomely in its own right, matching your initial wager by eleven to one.
Corner- Also known as a square bet, a corner bet is a wager made on four numbers which meet at one corner. So, for example, on a roulette table, the numbers twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-eight and twenty-nine form a square. This type of bet pays out eight to one.
Six line- Also known as a double street wager, a six line is a wager made on six consecutive numbers which make up two horizontal lines on the roulette table. A wager like this could be made on; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for example. A double street bet will payout five to one.
Trio- A trio bet is a bet of three numbers which requires one of the three to be a zero. In American roulette you may include both the 0 and 00 should you so wish. The three numbers need to meet at a corner which they share, hence your only trio combinations you can play are:
- Zero, one and two
- Zero, two and three
- Zero, double zero and two
- Zero, double zero and three
Basket- Also known as a first four wager, a basket bet is a bet which can only made in a game of roulette using a single zero wheel – so French or European Roulette. It is a bet which is made on the first four numbers of the wheel including the zero as a number. Hence your bet will be made on the ball landing on the zero, one, two or three. This type of bet pays out six to one should you win.
Top Line - A top line bet is a type of roulette wager which can only be made in American roulette. This bet pays out six to one should you win. In order to win a top line wager, the roulette ball needs to land on either the zero, double zero, one, two or three.
Outside bets generally tend to pay lower than inside bets. However, outside bets hold a ridiculously low house edge for players to take advantage of, thus making them the favourite. Read on below to familiarize yourself with various types of outside bets you will be able to make in online roulette odds as a player.
- Red or Black- Red or black is exactly as the name suggests. You will wager on either all of the black numbers, or all of the red numbers. All in all, you stand the chance of your ball landing on a possible eighteen numbers with each bet. This bet pays out one to one meaning whatever amount you have wagered will be matched should you win.
- Odds or Evens- This bet is very similar to the red or black bet, however, this time you are wagering whether the ball will land on an odd or even number. Once again you will have eighteen numbers to rely on and the payout of this bet is 1:1.
- 1 to 18- In this wager, you are betting on the likelihood of the roulette ball landing on the numbers between one to eighteen on the wheel. This is otherwise known as a Manqué or low bet and will yield a one to one payout should you manage to win.
- 19 to 36- Also known as high or Passé, this bet is exactly the same as the 1 to 18 wager, only on the high end of the spectrum. In this bet you are predicting that the ball will manage to land on any number from nineteen to thirty-six. These bets will also payout one to one should you win.
- Dozen Bet- A dozen bet is a bet placed on dozen groups of numbers. The first twelve is comprised of numbers one to twelve. The second twelve consists of numbers thirteen to twenty-four and the final twelve groups numbers twenty-five to thirty-six together. This bet pays out two to one.
- Column Bet- A column bet is a bet placed on any vertical column appearing on the roulette table. A column is comprised of twelve different numbers and will reward players with a two to one payout should they manage to win.
- Snake Bet- A snake bet is a unique bet which covers a large group of numbers. Namely, when making a snake bet, you will be wagering on the ball landing on; 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32 and 34. Snake bets are not offered at all online casinos so keep an eye out for whether or not it is actually allowed in play.
Roulette is one of the few casino games whose origin is definite. The birth of roulette was actually a complete accident as it is a result of an experiment being conducted in an attempt to build a perpetual motion machine. Blaise Pascal – a French mathematician and physicist – had set out on a mission in 1655 to build a continuously rotating wheel to prove perpetual motion. Sadly, for Pascal, his invention failed, but luckily for the casino world, roulette was born.
The zero of the roulette wheels only came into play in 1842 when brothers Francois and Louis Blanc introduced a wheel containing the zero for King Charles III of Monaco. This was a huge step in the popular game as this heightened the house edge.
The double zero was later introduced in the 1800s when the roulette wheel made its way from Europe to America. In order to once again give the house a better advantage, United States casinos decided to throw in an additional double zero pocket. Now, instead of playing with thirty-six numbers – as per the European or French wheel offered – players were instead facing a wheel with thirty-seven pockets.
The next step in the advancement of roulette came into play when online casinos began to surface. Although the first online casino was launched in 1994, online roulette took slightly longer to kick off, said to only come into play in the late 90’s/ early 2000’s. in today’s age, we now have online roulette games by the dozen, with a number of enticing live casino and mobile versions of the casino classic in play as well. We at US Casino cannot wait to see what the future of online gambling holds.
Can I own a roulette wheel as a citizen in the US?
This is a tricky question to answer. A roulette wheel can be owned privately, so long as the owner does not intend on using it for monetary gain. Generally, if a roulette wheel is used only for fun or considered to be an antique, it is then accepted in private residences.
Can I as a resident of USA play roulette online for real money?
Yes, you most certainly can. If you reside in USA and wish to play roulette online, all you need to do is find an online casino offering roulette that accepts US players. Be sure to take a look through the list of US gambling sites approved gambling dens and pick one which will suit you best. All casinos featured on our site will accept US citizens so you will be able to find a roulette game online which you can play for real money.
Is there a bet I can make which is guaranteed to win?
No. in any casino game you will never be guaranteed a win. There are however a few bets which give you a sterling chance against the house. Enjoy playing roulette online today. These are generally the outside bets which pay one to one. Bets such as red or black, low or high and odds or evens are your best chance of winning in roulette.
What is the best strategy to use in online roulette?
Technically, there is no strategy which can work in the game of roulette as it is completely based on chance. Your best bet is to wager on the specific roulette bets with the lowest house edge – the bets which payout 1:1.
There was a study performed by an Australian student by the name of Michael Small with fellow researcher Chi Kong Tse, which proved that if you know the precise location of the spinning ball when released, the speed of the ball and the speed of the roulette wheel when the ball was released by the croupier, that you can, in fact, work out exactly where the ball will land. This test, however, was conducted using cameras to track the speed and release of the ball and wheel and if you take any sort of electronic equipment with you to a land-based casino, you will be kicked out immediately. Furthermore, on CGI or live casino games, it would be impossible to track any of those elements thus; in conclusion, no strategy will work in roulette as it is a pure game of chance.
Which is the best USA Online Casino to play roulette at?
This is completely subjective to you as a player. You may have a preference in terms of which games you enjoy from a certain casino software provider. Furthermore, you may favour an online casino as it utilizes your currency of choice such as the US Dollar or offers the type of casino banking method you prefer. As such, there is no black and white answer for that question as every gambler will have a unique preference of which casino suits their needs best.
More Roulette Online Guides
- How to play Roulette
- Online Roulette Rules
- Roulette Strategy
- Roulette Terms
- Roulette FAQs
- Roulette Systems