Skip to main content

Pai Gow Poker FAQs



faqs-pai-gow-pokerPai Gow Poker is a casino dice game with Chinese origins. If you have seen the Pai Gow Poker table it is littered with numbers and multiple sections. New players may find this to be overwhelming. This table fame is considered to be somewhat a specialty game. Meaning it is not as well-known as the rest of the classic game of poker for example which it was modeled after. We have created this simple and informative section to answer some of your frequently asked questions about the casino game. Hopefully, this gives you a better understanding of Pai Gow Poker. We have addition guides on how to play the game as well should you be interested. Otherwise, you could just dive straight in and play at any of the top casinos that we recommend below:

Top Pai Gow Poker Sites

 

 

Online casinoWelcome BonusPayoutRatingVisit Site
High Country Casino
500%
98.68%
 
Play High Country Casino
Slots of Vegas Casino
$5,000
98.22%
 
Play Slots Of Vegas Casino
USA Top Online Casino irish Luck USA Casino
$3,000
98.10%
 
Play Irish luck Casino
Bovegas Casino
$6,000
98.21%
 
Play Bovegas Casino
Cafe Casino Best American Casino
$5,500
99.21%
 
Play Cafe Casino
Las Vegas
$12,250
98.28%
 
Play Las Vegas
Sun-Palace-Casino
$10,000
98.25%
 
Play Sun Palace
old havana Casino
$3,000
99.55%
 
Play Old Havana
supernova
$3,000
98.22%
 
Play Supernova Casino
ruby-slots-casino
350%
98.67%
 
Play Ruby Slots Casino
Drake asino
$6000
98.00%
 
Play Drake Casino
Free Spin Casino
$2,500
98.06%
 
Play Free Spin
Bovada Casino
$3,000
98.10%
 
Play Bovada Casino
domgame Casino
$3,000
98.04%
 
Play Dom Game
Cherry Gold Casino
$7,500
97.06%
 
Play Cherry Gold
planet 7 casino
$4,000
97.15%
 
Play Planet 7 Casino
Twoup
$3,000
98.04%
 
Play Two Up
Golden Lion Casino
$3,000
98.09%
 
Play Golden Lion
Royal Ace Casino
$1,000
97.72%
 
Play Royal Ace
Prism
350%
98.67%
 
Play prism Casino
Wild vegas Casino
350%
98.77%
 
Play Wild Vegas Casino
raging bull casino
$2,500
98.18%
 
Play Raging Bull
Vegas Casino
$3,000
99.00%
 
Play Vegas Casino
Club Player
350%
98.67%
 
Play Club Player Casino
Diamond Reels Casino
$5,000
98.45%
 
Play Diamond Reels Casino
Platinum Reels Casino
$3,000
98.48%
 
Play Platinum Reels Casino
Sports and casino
$3,000
96%
 
Play Sports and Casino
cool cat casino
$3,000
98.00%
 
Play Cool Cat Review
lincoln casino
$1,000
97.43%
 
Play Lincoln Casino Review
poker online
200%
98.89%
 
Play Palace of Chance
Exclusive Casino
$3,000
98.22%
 
Play Exclusive
eclipse casino
$2,000
98.22%
 
Play Eclipse Casino
slots lv
$3,500
98.22%
 
Play Slots Lv
ignition-casino
$1,000
98.22%
 
Play Ignition Casino
Silver Oak Casino
$3,200
98.00%
 
Play Silver Oak Casino
Slots Plus Casino
$2,500
98.14%
 
Play Slots Plus
Liberty Slots Casino
$777
98.41%
 
Play Liberty Slots Casino
Dreams Casino
$2,000
98.71%
 
Play Dreams Casino
Grand Fortune Casino
250%
98.77%
 
Play Grand Fortune Casino
Captain Jack
$11000
98.66%
 
Play Captain Jack Casino
high-noon-casino
$2,000
97.00%
 
Play High Noon Casino
Buzz Luck Casino
$1000
97.90%
 
Play Buzz Luck Casino
CryptoReels
$4,500
98.55%
 
Play CryptoReels
Lucky Red
$4,000
98.22%
 
Play Lucky Red
Club World Casino
$3,000
99.55%
 
Play Club World
aladdins-gold-casino
300%
98.15%
 
Play Aladdin’s Gold
All star slots
$4,000
97.21%
 
Play All Star Slots
Manhattan Slots
$5,000
98.01%
 
Play Manhattan Slots
Slots of madness Casino
300%
98.89%
 
Play Slots of madness

Frequently Asked Pai Gow Poker FAQs

Does Pai Gow have good odds?

Odds for playing Pai Gow are based on the three different outcomes. There is a 28.61% probability that you may win both hands, and the chances of you losing both hands are at 29.91%. Chances that you will push are set at 41.48%

How do you play Pai Gow Poker?

Pai Gow is played using a 52-card deck as well as the Joker. Both the dealer and the players will receive seven cards dealt face-up. Although the dealer will also receive seven cards. But, they will be face down. Players have to split their cards into winning five and two-card hands.

What is a low hand?

The low hand in Pai Gow is the two-card hand. The low hand is also known as the front hand.

How do you win big in Pai Gow?

To win a game of Pai Gow players have to use a sound strategy like the one we have detailed here:

Where can I find Pai Gow online?

Online Pai Gow can be found at several American casino sites such as Bovada.

Is Pai Gow beatable?

Yes. By playing in a similar manner to the house. Or players can ask the dealer to help you set your hand. By doing this you stand a better chance at beating the house. Another great way to beat Pai Gow is to learn a strong Pai gow strategy.

What is the Pai Gow Poker house advantage?

The house advantage is a different term for the house edge. The house advantage in Pai Gow poker is when players go up against the house in 2.84%

What are the odds of getting 5 aces in Pai Gow?

The odds of hitting 5 aces on Pai Gow using a 53- card-deck are 1 in 136 652.

What is face up Pai Gow?

Face up in Pai Gow means the cards are dealt on the side where the numbers are visible, and everyone can see them.

What is the bonus bet in Pai Gow?

The bonus bet in Pai Gow is when players place an extra bet based on an evaluation of your card only. Players will then have to create two strong hands. The aim to try and win a big payout. The bonus bet is only found in Bonus Pai Gow poker games.

What does the Joker mean in Pai Gow Poker?

The Joker in Pai Gow is wild, which can be used as an ace or used to complete hands such as a flush, straight, or straight flush.

Are automatic card shufflers rigged?

No, whether you are at an online Pai Gow casino or a land-based casino, card shufflers are not rigged. Card shufflers are audited by regulatory boards to ensure that they are fair.

What is House Way in Pai Gow?

Once all players have set their hand dealer will set his hand’ “house way”. This happens after the dealer has exposed the player-dealer’s hand. This means the dealer will set their hand on how the house would set it.

What is the meaning of Pai Gow in Chinese?

Pai Gow can be translated as card nine or to make nine.

Where did Pai Gow originate?

Pai Gow originated from China and was developed over a century ago. Pai Gow pokerwas introduced in America in the 1980s.

Can I play Pai Gow for Free?

Yes, internet casinos offer players free Pai Gow games which can be played for fun. Players can also be used to practice their winning strategy.