Bingo Rules – List of Basic Guidelines
When it comes to playing bingo lottery games, you need to know how to play by the bingo rules. While the rules vary slightly between versions, it’s good to understand the basics before you start playing. Another factor to consider is how to behave when you’re playing at land-based bingo halls or online.
Some venues will have rules about yelling, speaking, or looking at other player’s cards. So, you’ll need to read those before you buy any tickets for the game. And, most online bingo sites don’t have etiquette rules for virtual games, but they might for live draws.
If you want to learn the most common bingo rules or how to play it in real-time, then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll go through the rules of bingo and how to play it, with expert tips for winning. Or, visit our highly rated sites listed below to get started.
Best Bingo Sites
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play High Country Casino|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|Play Las Vegas|
|Play Sun Palace|
|Play Old Havana|
|Play Supernova Casino|
|Play Ruby Slots Casino|
|Play Lucky Hippo Casino|
|Play EL Royale|
|Play Drake Casino|
Common Bingo Rules
Whenever you sit down for a game, there are some standard bingo rules that experts have noted. Since no two bingo halls or sites are the same, you should also check those terms and conditions before playing.
With that said, here are the basic rules of bingo you should know:
- Generally, you must be 18 or older to buy bingo cards and play for the prizes.
- Most of the time, you can play as many cards as you like if you can keep up with the caller.
- Many local bingo halls won’t let you drink alcohol on site, but websites have no way of stopping you.
- While the game is in progress, you might not be able to enter or leave.
- Everyone in the game needs to have a ticket, this isn’t a spectator sport.
- Any missed bingo calls are invalid, so make sure to announce when you complete a bingo pattern.
Types of Games
When you’re playing online games, there are a lot of types to choose from, with unique cards at play. These games originate from across the globe and feature variations on the bingo rules you might be used to.
75-Ball American Bingo
In 75-ball games, you receive a card with 24 numbers, and the word bingo spelled out at the top. For each number called, you need to mark the numbers on the ticket under the right letter.
Each column is linked to 15 numbers, starting with “B” as numbers 1-15, and so on. And, the middle space of the card never features a number. In this type of bingo game, there are three ways to win:
- Matching all 24 numbers
- Match a vertical, diagonal, or horizontal line
- Marking a specific pattern
As the latest addition to bingo, the 80-ball variant is considered a “happy medium” between 75 and 90 ball bingo. Since it takes less time than the former but is more significant than the latter.
While the rules are the same as the other variants, there are some distinguishable features on the bingo card:
- Every ticket has four rows and columns, with each column is a different color.
- Like 75-ball, you have to mark numbers in specific patterns to win.
- You have to mark unique patterns, vertical, horizontal, or diagonal lines.
Typically, 90-ball bingo is played in Europe and the United Kingdom, which features a ticket with three horizontal rows and nine columns. As usual, bingo players can buy a number of cards and get matches to win the prize.
However, this variant takes a long time to play, and a lot of concentration before someone shouts bingo. Generally, the rules are as follows for 90 ball games:
- Firstly, you’ll go for a horizontal line, and aim to be the first player who shouts bingo.
- Then, you aim for two lines and complete them (it can be any two lines on your card).
- And finally, you will need to complete a card to get a “full house” to get the grand prize.